It’s August, have lots of summer holiday fun at events taking place across Rotherham.
- Wednesday 1 August, 10.30am to 3.30pm, Animaltastic and Yorkshire Day Celebration, All Saints’ Square, Rotherham Town Centre
- Monday 6 August, 10.30am to 1pm, Yorkshire Day Tea and Dance at Rotherham Markets
- Tuesday 7 August, 1.30pm to 3pm, Seaside Treasures at Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 7 August, 11am to 12.30pm, Seaside Treasures at Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 7 August, 10.30am to 12noon, Fabulous Footballing Fun at Riverside Library
- Tuesday 7 to Thursday 9 August, 10.30am to 3.30pm, Clifton By The Sea, Clifton Park
- Saturday 11 August, 10.30am to 3.30pm, Wonderfully Wizardly, All Saints’ Square, Rotherham Town Centre
- Sunday 12 August, 11am to 4pm, Big Fun Run 5K and Dog Jog 5K at Rother Valley Country Park
- Monday 13 August, 10.30am to 1pm, Yorkshire Day Tea and Dance at Rotherham Markets
- Tuesday 14 August, 11am to 12.30pm, Magical Mythical Creatures at Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 14 August, 1.30pm to 3pm, Magical Mythical Creatures at Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 14 August, 10.30am to 12noon, Building Bananaman at Riverside Library
- Wednesday 15 August, 11am to 12.30pm, Fairies, Gnomes and Trolls at Boston Castle
- Wednesday 15 August, 1pm to 2.30pm, Fairies, Gnomes and Trolls at Boston Castle
- Monday 20 August to Saturday 1 September, Market Beach, Rotherham Markets
- Tuesday 21 August, 10.30am to 12noon, Slimebusters at Riverside Library
- Wednesday 22 August, 11am to 12.30pm, Making Art with Nature at Boston Castle
- Wednesday 22 August, 1pm to 2.30pm, Making Art with Nature at Boston Castle
- Tuesday 28 August, 10.30am to 12noon, Billy the Whizz’s Mazerunner at Riverside Library
- Tuesday 28 August, 11am to 12.30pm, Create Animal artwork or a spoontastic masterpiece at Clifton Park Museum
- Tuesday 28 August, 1.30pm to 3pm, Create Animal artwork or a spoontastic masterpiece at Clifton Park Museum
- Wednesday 29 August, 1pm to 2.30pm, Boston Castle Superheroes at Boston Castle
Full details of the above events can be found on our website at www.rotherham.gov.uk/events
11th September 2018 5.30pm to 7.30pm at Rotherham Golf Club - LIVING GREEN
Join us at the beautiful Rotherham Golf Club to celebrate LIVING GREEN. Rotherham is 70% rural, green space, a wonderful NATURAL ASSET. The Trans Pennine Trail weaves through Rotherham’s beautiful countryside, which is complemented by canals, rivers, wetlands, nature reserves, golf courses, sailing, sport facilities and award winning parks. Peppered with historical buildings and an extensive and cultural lifestyle mix, this green space connects our towns and villages as GREAT PLACES to live and enjoy.
Rich in cultural heritage, with a history that dates back to 1066, the Golf Club has some wonderful folklore, and for centuries its grounds at Thrybergh Park was home to some of the county’s most noble families. Now home to The Rotherham Golf Club, formed in 1903, which in addition to being a renowned golf club, provides a wonderful and unique venue for weddings, events, meetings and much more.
An after-work networking event, when we will be replacing a morning cuppa and bacon sandwich with a Pimms, cold beer, or coffee, whatever takes your fancy, hopeful for a lovely, warm, balmy evening so we can enjoy this wonderful GREAT PLACE, network and hear about the developments planned to increase the visitor and leisure economy. Joined by keynote speaker Julie Dalton, MD of Gulliver’s who are building Gulliver’s Theme Park number 4 in Rotherham, their largest development to date, as well as Polly Hamilton, Deputy Director Culture, Sport & Tourism RMBC, who will outline exciting plans for our visitor economy and wonderful assets.
6th December 2018 7.45am to 9.30 am at Clifton Park Museum – A PIONEERING Traditional Christmas
Clifton House was built in 1783, and its grounds were formerly the property of The Walker family who ran The Rotherham Ironworks, the Walker family being Pioneers of the Industrial Revolution. Now a museum that captures life in Rotherham from past to present, surrounded by an extensive award winning park. It has numerous collections and artefact’s, and is home to Rotherham Archives.
We will be given a tour of the Museum and Archives and there will be an opportunity to explore business heritage and roots as well as enjoying a traditional Christmas breakfast. Networking, an opportunity to meet civic and business leaders, a review of what we achieved in 2018 and the vision for what is planned for 2019…. and with a few festive surprises too… speakers to be confirmed.